We're not perfect yet
“We are not perfect yet, and what we are trying to do.”
1. 0% Plastic
Problem: Our shower gel bottle, shower gel label, lab pipette, and trial shower gel bottle are still made of plastic.
● The glass bottle for the 300ml shower gel is too heavy. The paper bottle is in development, but it still isn’t easy to obtain. Hence, a recyclable plastic bottle made by PET is our best solution.
● Plastic Trial shower gel bottles 30ml are used during the development process for fragrance selection purposes. We haven’t found a more durable solution to replace this kind of bottle.
● Showergel label is continuously in contact with water, so it has to be waterproof with coated plastic.
● Perfume spray is in plastic, as far as we know. Unfortunately, there is no alternative yet.
● To avoid odor contamination across fragrances, we still have to use one-time-used plastic pipettes in our lab.
To do: We keep a very close eye on innovative packaging companies and hope we would find non-plastic alternative solutions real soon.
2. Calculate and communicate clearly on the carbon footprint of each product
Problem: We cannot calculate and inform you of the carbon footprint of each product.
(Carbon footprint is the emission of greenhouse gases: CO2, Methane, Nitrous oxide,..which cause climate change —>a lower carbon footprint level product means its lower environmental impact. The carbon footprint is the mark that you leave on the environment. It can come from transportation, delivery, manufactured goods, etc. Everything you own has its carbon footprint)
● Carbon footprint is produced in many different ways and activities: transportation, production, etc. Our fragrances are imported directly from Switzerland and France; our packagings are from Italy and China. Hence it’s still difficult for us to estimate the carbon footprint of our products.
● We blend fragrances and bases locally, in Vietnam, to reduce alternatives, therefore less carbon impact on our products.
To do: Lowest carbon footprint as possible by finding more and more local sourcing to reduce transportation. We will work with our partners to trace and calculate the carbon footprint, from raw materials to finished products.